Owners of Imielno and their manors
The parish situated in the village of Imielno was erected in half of 15th century on lands which previously were part of bigger parish of Grochów. There was a parish-church (from first half of 16th century), but parish was too small to afford its own priest. For that reason - the priest from the neighbour parish of Grochów was conducting also in Imielno. Church of Imielno erected as parish-church was treated as a filial church only.
In 1685, thanks to Aleksander Magnuski (of arms Awdaniec), Canon of Gniezno, Kraków, Łowicz and Włocławek - the church in Imielno was re-erected and freed from the jurisdiction of Grochów parish-priests. The parish of Imielno was enlarged by Aleksander Magnuski and from then on - it covered all of his hereditary villages: Imielno, Rdutów and Wilkowyja. Aleksander also founded new, wooden church in Imielno (it exists there until now). It has very pretty roof, which gives the highest mark to the constructor.
After Aleksander's death (in 1689), his hereditary property remained in his family's hands. In the end of 18th century all those lands were possessed by Jan Magnuski, land-judge of Gostynin. After his death, those lands went to his two daughters and widow (Józefa Modlińska), who had lifetime ownership of the village of Wilkowyja. After first husband's (Jan Magnuski) death, J?zefa married Jan Gwalbert Żelisławski. Her daughter from the first marriage - Marjanna Magnuska - married her father-in-law's relative - Antoni Żeromski (Antoni's mother - Marjanna Obarzanowska married twice. Her second husband was Ignacy Żelisławski. This made Jan Gwalbert Żelisławski and Antoni Żeromski - brothers-in-law).
Historic records gives the information, that in 1821 Marjanna Żeromska nee Magnuska and J?zef Radzimiński (on behalf of his dead wife - Franciszka Magnuska and daughter, Adelajda Radzimińska) presented their rights to meadows in villages of Łanięta, Suchodębia and Lipiny according to agreement signed in 1673 by Canon Aleksander Magnuski and meadows' owner - Józef Staniszewski.
The next owner of mentioned Canon's lands became Władysław Piotr Żeromski, son of Antoni Żeromski and Marjanna Magnuska.
In 1859, Marjanna Magnuska sold the village of Wilkowyja to Adolf Heltman, but she had a lifetime possesion of it. Władysław Piotr Żeromski sold the rest of former Magnuski's property to neighbours (Skarzyński family of Bończa arms).
[Both next texts written using italic font - are descriptions of manor in Wilkowyja. First description is from 1810, second from 1822. Both are written in old-Polish language and very strict architecture and arts language. It just gives the image of manor and its indoors. I feel unable to translate it keeping the meaning and characteristic sense of the text. Besides - the description of the building gives no details about manor's owners or habitants].